Saturday, June 19, 2004

The Journey

After my last post I learned to my dismay that I was going to my grandparents' other house. Instead of the small rustic cottage in the coolness of the woods, surrounded by beaches and friends, I was going to the big green house in balmy Catskill Park. Hey, at least there's a chinese place there.
On my way, I realized for the nth time that japanese bands trying to sing in english is possibly the most awesomely humourously fucked-up thing this side of alpha-centuari, and that STALKER IN BABYLON rocks. N.B.: mus rip and return Furi Kuri soundtracks on Monday.
PILLOWS PILLOWS PILLOWS PILLOWS PILLOWS PILLOWS PILLOWS PILLOWS PILLOWS
And now for something completely different.
11:38- My mom made me read a New York Times article about something called DXM. Apparently, teens across the country are getting high off this hullucinogenic chemical found in cheap cough syrup. I asked her why, and she said my friends might be using it. Thanks mom, but I don't hang out with that kind of crowd.
Still in the care, and still listening to a continuous loop of FLCL soundtrack Addict. Perhaps the reason for the article.
Oh yeah, and still an hour to go.
11:52- Argued with mom over whetehr I need to study for my bio exam. I know everything on the study guide, so why should I?
On track 2 of 3rd iteration of cd. Now entering New York State. America is so screwed up.
12:07- Track 7. Read an article in the Times about memory. Wordered if Asperger's syndrome is in part a disorder of the Lymbic node. Tried to associate that idea with an emotion and failed. Track 9.
12:25- Commented on how buildings around here seem poorly patched -- so far I've seen about 3 with 2x4s nailed to them sticking off the sides or roof. Batteries on cd player are about to run out, lucky I brought spares.
12:44- The cd player lasted into its 4th iteration. We habe now entered catskill park. I wonder how I'm going to get this from my palm to the site.
12:58- Arrival. Late, as expected. Trychovsky is playing in the background. My grandfather had me help renew his Norton software. Sandwiches are ready. Gotta go.
~unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home