Monday, July 25, 2005

My trip

I went for two weeks to a summer program at the Robert E Cook Honors College at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. I took physics, literature, and history. I met this really cute/nice/smart/overall-great girl there named Britni, whom I danced with a number of times, and held rather deep conversations with (in fact, the first time I met her, I talked myself hoarse telling her a bunch of things, which she seemed rather interested in). She is not only great for those reasons, but also because when she found out I had a crush on her, she confronted me almost immediately, and resolved the situation without any hard feelings. Despite the fact that she currently has no romantic inclinations toward me at all whatsoever (or so I assume), I'm still holding out a glimmer of false hope ^^;. I had a bit of an email discussion with her these past few days, and so she seems to continue to want to keep in touch.
On the note of Standard Input (my band), I got 8 songs written during those two weeks and the preceding week in NY. I should really post them up.
I wrote a 9th song just today, on the subject of Gaiya, the Global Brain, and joined a mailing list on that subject. I posted a message on said listserv, noting a few projects that might be of use to the Global Brain project (one of them (Erc) my own), and got an email asking about the project I noted, and some interest was therewith born.
I reorganized my gmail account's filters, as well as my alerts and groups notification statuses. I've got 50 gmail invites, so if anyone wants one email me before I decide against it.

Until then,

~John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home