Saturday, February 11, 2006

Birthday

I was looking at the date, and I suddenly realized that it's my 18th birthday tomorrow. Wow. Tempus fugit, no? Hopefully, I'll recieve a copy of Programming Lua, On Intelligence and the POSIX C API manual, as my dad is getting those for me off ebay for the purpose of gifting.
I have been talking to Naomi a bit recently. At one point, she was acting very depressed, but she seems to be feeling better now. She's out of school for the long term (which sucks, since in this semester we would have had Philosophy and a study hall together, but it's unavoidable as I don't want her to automatically fail because of missed days). I'm trying to be the best friend I can to her, since I care about her and don't want her to be sad again. She agreed to act in my web show (a live-action version of Digital Soul), taking the role of Sumono. This is nice, as I am playing John in the show, and therefore the dynamic between the two actors mirrors the dynamic between the two characters. She's been posting a bunch of things on her MySpace: surveys (some she's taken, and some she wants others to take), small notes, vague references to her current emotional situation, all of them seeming (to me at least) to be strategic in either feeling out someone's emotions or relaying hers to them (in a romantic frame of reference). If this is in fact the case at all, my practical side forces me to doubt it is directed towards me; however, I have always been partial to a fool's hope, and this is no exception.
In school, I am now taking a scifi lit course. The prof is intense (to the point that he scares the wits out of many people), but extremely intelligent. This will likely prove to be one of my favorite classes, as it is both interesting and stimulating, as well as challenging. One of the assignments is weekly responses, each to 1 hour of scifi television, and tri-weekly responses to scifi films. I have decided to do these assignments as far beforehand as possible, as they are the type that I easily forget; also, it gives me the ability to watch Eva, analyze it, and idle on IRC and AIM, while maintaining the excuse that it's homework, and actually telling the truth. It's a beautiful thing :D.
My band (Standard Input) has been working dilligently, in that we are almost finished producing the final version of our first song, Gaiya Solitude, which we have been working on composing, recording, and mixing for two weekends straight. Doug (my bandmate) will probably not be able to see me this weekend to finish it, however. His mother says he is sick, but I get the sneaking suspicion that this has more to do with the fact that I set him up with a copy of Lunar Linux, the most elegant Linux distro or UNIX flavor I have ever used last weekend and told him to go larval with it. Ever the dilligent hacker, Doug is.

~John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home