Sunday, April 16, 2006

GehirnGeist, Film, et al

Long time no C++, eh? Sorry about the lag... A lot of stuff has been going on.

Naomi basically is out of my life now, so I got Nicole to play Simula in my film (E-Scape).
E-Scape is presented by

GehirnGeist Productions

, my new film production company. Check out the site if you get a chance... It may not be easy to read, but there's a lot of nice content even now. *Huggles his index page ^^*.
Jon and I are making two different versions of E-Scape. Jon's is from a more humanistic point of view; mine is cold and sterile. I finished filming all the footage necessary for my version yesterday, though I continue to add footage randomly that I think will fit. Jon will finish filming his footage tomorrow, probably. The following day, we will probably film some special features. The script was my work, though Jon made some modifications to it for his version.
Of course, there was an upside to Naomi not playing Simula. There is a scene that takes place in a void, and we were planning on using a white room or a white wall, but we couldn't figure out a way that worked. However, Nicole had done a similar thing before on camera, and told us that in an open field at night, the camera won't pick up the illumination on the background by a high powered flashlight, therefore allowing people and objects to be lit up and seeming to be in the middle of absolute blackness. A void. We ended up using that, and it worked excellently. I doubt Naomi would have had the experience to come up with that.
For the film, we are using mostly songs by the band Son of Rust. This happens to be my all time favorite band. They are an ElectroRock band from Portland, OR, with beautifully constructed music and great CyberPunk-ish lyrics. I happen to have my band on their "friends list" on MySpace, and so I messaged them and asked them permission to use their songs in the movie. They said yes. This was most likely because they are not widely known, need a big break, and need publicity, so that Justin can stop working in Consulting and fixing the machines that make the Corporate Machine run while still maintaining the ability to sing on stage and do a little dance. Not that this is a bad thing. Frankly, I'd love it if Standard Input could do stuff on stage. Live concerts *drool*. I know a bit of this from Myopia, since I'm friends with a bunch of the members and know that they do all sorts of concerts. They opened for NightWish once... And they played at Toad's. If you don't understand what I mean by this... let's just say they're on the fast track to becoming a very high profile metal band. Anyway, so I got permission, and I'm therefore in the right, legally. Verbal contract, backed up with GMail records. Also using some CC music... Daemon will be jamming to Gilberto Gil (as remixed by DJ Delores) in his sleep, instead of Queensryche (who are probably too rich and famous to even tell me "no").
Anyway, if anyone wants to see, here's the script: E-Scape script. I'm all up for comments ^^;.

On an unrelated note, I'm working on a manga at the moment. It's basically an old idea that popped into my head recently and had some merit. Years and years ago, I had what might be the most original plot concept of my life. I called it Monochrome Vertex, wrote 18 pages of notes on it, and filed it away after I got disgusted with not being able to draw any of it. Recently, I was looking around in my head for ideas I could do something creative with, and said meme popped into focus. I ended up drawing one page, and scripting another. It's now under the name NetHead. The script is available here: NetHead scripts. It's about a hypothetical version of 2003 where the GUI was never invented, thereby changing a good amount of history quite a bit.



Anyway, that's all I'm going to post right now. I'll see you all again, when the bullet hits the bone.
Jya ne~
~John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home