Sunday, April 16, 2006

Interesting note (e-scape)

I found it interesting that everyone who I've had read the E-Scape script has thought that I was projecting on the Daemon character. Despite my very opposing personality, everyone seems to think that I somehow identify with myself in the same way Daemon does, despite knowing the truth to be the contrary. I think this has to do with the fact that I identify superficially with him, and therefore have the ability to really get into character when I'm writing his stuff... I suppose I project bits of myself onto his character, and people pick up on that. Or perhaps they just pick up on the fact that he seems very realistic in an emotive sense, when he's otherwise quite 2d.
It's useful to note that while Jon's version of the film is emotive and humanistic, with 3d characters and realistic motivations (even in such a surreal setting with so much wierdness going on), mine is designed specifically to be an allegory and a fable. I keep my characters as 2d as possible, and make it difficult for the user to empathize. This is similar to the way things are done in, say, Serial Experiments Lain, except that I'm allowing just enough sympathy to make it truly creepy. This makes the message stand loud and clear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home