Monday, April 17, 2006

Film, et al (part deux)

Jon and I filmed all day today, and finished filming his version of the movie all but two shots. I think both films will come out quite well. Tomorrow we shall shoot the remaining shots, then probably film a few DVD extras and record the GehirnGeist logo audio clip. We may also record audio clips for voiceovers for parts of the film as well (especially the diary scene, which both of us had trouble voicing while typing). Hopefully Nicole can come see us again soon so we can film her talking about her character (and so I can hug her... ^^).

The GehirnGeist site is being redone by a friend of mine, a professional web developer by the handle of Kerash. I met Kerash on EliteHackers.info (then EliteHackers.com) years and years ago, and didn't know until very recently that she was female. I enjoy her geekiness (she codes x86 ASM and runs FBSD and FluxBox, and we've had some long convos about IA32 architecture naming conventions), and am happy to talk to her. A few people in the IRC chan I see her in seem to think that there's a mutual attraction thing going on... It's common knowledge that geekiness in girls turns me on, but I've really seen no signs of her liking me that way aside from her lack of distain for me (which would usually mean a lot on that chan, but I'm not sure it means anything except that we're the two geekiest #deadworld regulars and therefore birds of a feather). She's 21, so she's only 3 years older than me... I might have a chance in some sense, and I would probably enjoy her company, had I it. She lives in Ontario Canada, which is only a day's car drive from where I am (though I don't drive... gotta remedy that sometime ^^), so it wouldn't be a huge job to go visit if I was so inclined (assuming I got a passport, and that Bush's goons didn't get me first). I dunno, though. I don't even know if she has a boyfriend already (or a girlfriend, for that matter... Remember Naomi? heh.) She is cute though. She says things like "8giggles8", and capitalizes all her "LOL"s, and she was really excited when I told her that I wanted the GehirnGeist site to be compatible with old browsers. And she's a girl who has immense geekiness that is very compatible with my own, and accepts my geekiness as a virtue. A rare thing. So, I'll withhold my judgement, methinks, as to whether to crush on her or not, until some later date. Though I might not be able to control it. I've gotten a bit rusty at the whole emotional doublethink thing lately.

Well, Jon will be gone after tomorrow. Off to Illinois, back sunday perhaps. College visits. So, I suppose I'll probably spend my time online, coding, and working with bandmates. Maybe watching anime. I've been doing a bit of that lately, more than I have been in the immediate past. Hell, perhaps I'll be able to get some work done on NetHead... Hey, it's possible ^^;. Or maybe I'll just sit at home, bored out of my mind, and code random stupid things. Like a complete implementation of Lua written inside Tcl. Or maybe I'll port all the Longenis code over to the new LnString that Jon hasn't committed yet. That might be fun ^^;. But I'll probably do nothing with my life and sulk about how there's nothing to do. What's the real lesson here? Don't leave things in the fridge... Oops, wrong quote. It's actually, in the immortal words of Mark Grey, "Life sucks and then you die. Get used to it!" There's actually a longer version: "So you spend your pre-school days preparing for kindergarten, right? And kindergarten teaches you all the things you need to know for elementary school. Grammar school prepares you for middle school, which gets you ready for high school. That prepares you for college, which gives you the skills necessary for the 'real world'. If by 'real world', you mean a job, then that prepares you for retirement. And in a sense, retirement prepares you for death. So, in a way, your entire life from preschool on is in preparation for your death. Think about that for a minute." Ah, the true Metal Poet of our time. Manowar! Myopia, his band, is really the best local band I've ever seen. But anyway.

I'll be posting now. This entry is way longer than I expected, and it will probably take forever to publish, so if I need to I'll post a suppliment later.
Jyaa ne,
~John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home